DENIM TECHNICAL DESIGN DIRECTORviews: 0
Position Summary: Experienced denim technical design leader will be responsible for maintaining quality and fit integrity/consistency from proto stage through production, while maintaining product design integrity within calendar deadlines. The Director will ensure all product is manufacturing ready at time of order placement.
- Prepare and lead fit sessions for assigned categories and execute style to final fit, quality and construction.
- Ensure that communicate regarding all fit, quality and construction comments/issues via e-mail to import and domestic vendors.
- Ensure brand fit consistency is maintained seasonally. Work closely with new vendors on fit/construction requirements.
- Act as a liaison between denim design, product development and production teams to ensure that all aspects of product are clear to all parties.
- Manage the day to day development of product line that adheres to seasonal calendars and sourcing strategy. Attend all development meetings to ensure all deadlines are met. Track fit sample progress on T&A’s from vendors.
- Responsible for developing consistent size and fit standards; grade rules and tolerances; construction and quality standards; standard pattern blocks and tech pack blocks; how to measure standards. Insure all manuals are updated and distributed. Develop spec/construction blocks at start of each season.
- Work with designers to create manufacture ready technical specification packages that include all key information such as specs, construction details, sketches, tolerance and fit comments.
- Collaborate with QC/Audit/Sourcing department in reviewing/resolving production quality issues.
- Act as a key leader in the product departments; responsible for mentoring and guiding direct reports.
- Other projects as needed.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+
AA or higher in Fashion Design or related field.
7+ years of technical design experience in denim with an apparel company
Understanding of different fabric types
Strong knowledge of garment fit, construction and patterns across bottoms and denim for both Men’s & Women’s product.
Knowledge and experience in patternmaking required
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience working directly with factories in resolving issues.
Extensive computer knowledge (e-mail, Microsoft Office, Illustrator). Experience with Full Circle a strong plus.
Strong awareness of production calendar deadlines and deliveries. Ability to manage within development calendar.
Able to work in fast paced (fashion) environment.
Proactive; able to find solutions; flexible and adaptable to change.
Ability to work independently, but a self-starter who will seek the information that they need to get the job done.
Detail oriented and organized
Diversity Vision Statement:
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.