ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Men’s Tailored Clothingviews: 0
This Associate Designer of Men’s Tailored Clothing at Brooks Brothers, will support the Creative Design Director in building the Tailored Clothing collection in Suits, Sport Coats and Outerwear for our Mainline/Red Fleece/Golden Fleece and Outlet Collections.
As an iconic brand with 200 years of successful and storied history, Brooks Brothers is unique. Careers and life milestones have been defined in Brooks Brothers clothing: whether a first sport coat or suit.
Success in creativity in this role is not measured in how much the product identity can be changed but by how much our heritage can be leveraged to respect our history while inspiring our future: delivering an elevated and sophisticated aesthetic that is always at the heart of our consumer.
This person will be highly collaborative; confidently leading through challenges and obstacles, remaining pragmatic and positive; tactful, realistic, inspiring to teams and colleagues, and comfortable and experienced in collaborating on collection design.
- Research Fabrics and Trends each season
- Build seasonal compelling Concept/ Color/ Trend Boards
- Assort Fabric Collections to a seasonal product Map
- Understand fit and construction of Tailored Garments
- Work closely with Product Engineer to fit all Tailored garments in suits sport jackets and outerwear
- Develop cross functional relationships with Brand Managers to support the Product Map and Design to Cost
- Collaborate with Design, PLM, Brand Managers, Fabric/ Trim Research and Development to build successful and profitable collections within retail
- Complete all processes in fabric selection, trim, design packages and follow up at fittings.
- Submit all design functions in PLM such as uploading of fabric/ color chips/ design packages and trim design cards
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Strong presentation skills to support creative director during market and internal design presentations
- Proficient in Photoshop/ Illustrator
- Preferably Proficient in PLM to complete all design packages
- Highly organized and efficient to maintain all calendar deadlines
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Men’s Tailored Clothing
Organization: Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.
Location: New York, New York