ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Men’s Sweaterviews: 0
There is an immediate opening for an Associate Designer on Nautica Men’s Design team. Individual is responsible for part of the design process with a focus on Sweaters, to include conceptual direction, trends, fabrications, styling, trims, technical renderings/spec sheets while adhering to design/development calendar. Designs and develops styles for specific classifications from initial concepts through pre-production to achieve accurate delivery while establishing superior fits and construction.
1. Designs key items to fit into the seasonal concepts and color palettes.
2. Researches emerging trends and styles to formulate strategies for projected lines: Provides innovative designs and concepts to strengthen the brand image and maintain competitive edge
3. Selection of fabrication under cost parameters; develop washes and wet processing treatments
4. Logo/graphic/trim development; gives direction to Graphics team and Trim department
5. Draw accurate flat sketches as well as detailed sketches for technical packages.
6. Collaborates with technical designer to create specs for each style.
7. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain on time delivery of showroom samples.
8. Attends fit meetings and communicates detailed comments on fit and construction to technical design team.
9. Must have strong aesthetic and taste level
Experience & Skills:
- BA/BS in Design or related field
- 3+ years of prior experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with high volume of work and meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop (Point carre a plus)
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Successful work performance demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively
- Works well with others
- Utilizes productive work methods
- Displays initiative and innovation on the job
- Follows through with all tasks, assignments and job duties in a timely manner
VF Sportswear, Inc. offers an ideal environment for motivated, quality-focused professionals eager for success. We offer a competitive compensation package including health, dental, retirement savings and 401K plan. To apply for open positions, please visit our websites atwww.nautica.com and www.kipling-usa.com .
Nautica and Kipling are wholly-owned subsidiaries of VF Corporation. For more information about VF Corporation, please visit our website: www.vfc.com.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Men’s Sweater
Location: New York, New York