ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Knitsviews: 0
dressbarn, a division of Ascena Retail Group Inc. (NASDAQ — ASNA), is a omni-channel specialty retailer with over 830 stores, featuring its own line of women’s casual, wear-to-work and special occasion apparel at great values, in sizes 4-24. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries including dressbarn, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Catherines, Ann Taylor, LOFT, and Lou & Grey! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 5,000 stores throughout the United States and Canada.
For over 50 years, dressbarn has evolved to meet the needs of modern women – offering them options that have surpassed just dressing for work. Today, we dress them for life. Not only have we remained a fashion destination for working women, but we’ve ensured Mrs. Jaffe’s, our founder, original vision of offering “fashion at a value” has stayed at the core of our brand.
We put people first — our associates and our customers. This means you’ll work with people who are genuinely happy to be where they are. You’ll work with a company that encourages you to take risks, champions your desire to do great work, and is deeply committed to your overall sense of well-being. Opportunities for professional growth, room to move, and rewards for expertise, creativity, and talent — these are givens.
We are currently seeking a talented Associate Designer to join our team. In this role, the Associate Designer will be supporting our Westport line providing our customer with casual, comfortable, effortless style.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for designing a class of the business within assigned department.
- Create tech packs for the review of the senior designer.
- Works in a support role to maintain assigned department(s) product from concept to factory production.
- Assists senior designer in all aspects of product design; including boards, approvals, samples, presentations, vendor communications, and meeting preparation.
- Coordinates packages, artwork and sketches with support teams.
- Communicates directly with Merchant team(s).
- Design assigned class in department from concept to production.
- Partner with Product Development team in daily communication with vendors on design issues via email regarding approvals and production issues.
- Organize and maintain samples & boards for each season.
- Prepare for daily meetings.
- BA or BFA in Fashion Design.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and exposure to design (or equivalent experience with internships).
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Web PDM, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient and organized in Adobe Illustrator and also some experience with specs and technical finishes.
- Strong creative, organizational, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills.
All Replies Confidential / Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Knits
Location: New York, New York