ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Indie/Lewitviews: 0
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
WHAT’S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING.
We don’t just sell cutting-edge fashion and accessories, we create it. Our talented fashion design team — the Nordstrom Product Group — develops, designs, produces and sources 50-plus private Nordstrom labels. From traditional to trendy, this team is shaping the styles and looks our customer love.
The ideal associate designer is experienced and has an eye for trend and the ability to create original saleable concepts that encompass style, color and fabric as directed.
- Conceptualize and accurately sketch design ideas based on direction from senior designer.
- Prepare and present design sketches to cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with design team and cross-divisional partners.
- Support Senior Designer to prep for key milestones.
- Research trends and competitive brands and report on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design.
- Strong design portfolio. Please include your portfolio in your application and provide examples of fashion illustrations, flat hand sketches, and Illustrator sketches.
- Exceptional hand drawn and Illustrator sketching ability.
- Understanding of fashion forward product.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe CS.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skill.
- Strong understanding of industry and trends.
- Enthusiasm for Nordstrom culture and growth opportunity in a corporate environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and systems.
We’ve got you covered…
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, a profit-sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work employees can expect within this particular job classification. It is certainly not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for this job.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSOCIATE DESIGNER – Indie/Lewit
Location: Seattle, Washington