ASSISTANT DESIGNER WOMEN’S TOPSviews: 0
The Assistant Designer Women’s Tops assists the designer in creating styles from concept to completion in whatever capacity is necessary. Can design, recreate, manipulate and recolor prints using Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Streamline. Generates computer sketches and drapes final drawings with correct pattern, colors, graphics and trims. Manages communications between design function and non-design team members. Must help execute the concepts of the designer with critical attention to detail and a sense of urgency to meet all department deadlines. Generates spec packages in PDM for the factories to develop initial prototypes (including, but not limited to, establishing measurement points on a garment). Maintains PDM and other archival systems. Monitors development of preproduction samples with partnership with Product Managers. Responsible to conduct market research and become familiar with issues and effects that influence our industry’s shifts in business. Produces a complete spec package for every garment designed, in a timely manner and to standard. The Assistant attends fittings to comment and convey the intended fit of each garment either with or without Designer. Prepares for meetings, organizes programs and communicates style info to merchants and product development. Works with Product Managers to monitor lab dip, hand loom, and strike-off approval.
- Minimum 2yr AA Degree preferred in Design/Fashion Merchandising, or equivalent experience.
- InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Bridge, Micrografx and Photoshop skills.
- PDM training preferred.
- Timely sense of trends and market direction encompassing color, fabric and silhouette.
- Working knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, textiles and current finishing techniques and processes.
- 0-3 years design experience, which includes fabric sourcing, technical design, trim development and color training w/practical experience.
- Computer PC, MAC and CAD experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job Title: Assistant Designer Women’s Tops
Organization: Pacific Sunwear
Location: Anaheim, CA