ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Tempviews: 0
Perry Ellis International is looking for an Assistant Designer Temp for a 3-month, temporary assignment, who will be responsible for the administration and follow up of design process, as well as assisting in the conceptual development of product lines.
* Actively participates in the conceptual development of product lines (i.e., sells ideas/concepts and convinces others to adopt a course of action).
* Assists in ensuring that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
* Provides recommendations regarding seasonal themes, edits to line, new concepts, etc.
* Responsible for details on design of product to include preparing and updating sketches and specifications.
* Leads technical design fittings, clearly defines go-forward directives and ensures that updates are executed.
* Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to product development team, tech department and vendors on time for prototypes and salesmen samples.
* Monitors lab-dips, knit-downs, strike offs and handloom approvals .
Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio.
* College degree in Fashion Design.
* 1-2 years design experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc)
* Ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., illustrator and photoshop a must, U4RIA, PDM/and or PLM).
* Strong design and conceptual skills.
* Ability to design around concepts.
* Superior Taste Level
* Strong Color Sense
* Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color ways, sewing techniques, graphics and trim.
* Strong organizational, time management, communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to think three-dimensionally and to visualize from swatch to body.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Temp
Organization: Perry Ellis International
Location: Miami, Florida