Assistant Designer – Sweatersviews: 0
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of Kate Spade & Company. From handbags and clothing to jewelry, fashion accessories, fragrance, eyewear, shoes, swimwear, home decor, desk accessories, stationery, tabletop and gifts, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
Kate Spade & Company has more than 450 specialty and outlet shops in 47 countries around the world. Our colorful products are sold worldwide, in every time zone and on every continent. Whether in San Francisco, Sao Paulo or Shanghai, our shops are always warm and inviting.
Welcome to Kate Spade & Company.
- work closely with senior designer on product design process including market research, flat sketching in illustrator, creating tech packs, BOM’s and layouts.
- making mockups/ knitdowns/swatches and other supporting materials for presentations
- work closely with other members of the apparel design and cross-category design teams to ensure product is cohesive throughout categories
- attends proto and market sample review for sweater category; takes detailed noted during the presentation to ensure all comments are captured
- assist in alterations and organization for internal fashion show
- attends fit sessions and updated sketches and relevant documents such as sketch, BOM, layout
- create and update line-sheets and request forms for the category
- create and update full size stitch and beading layouts, own passing the information to the cross functional teams.
- take ownership of stitch and sweater sample library , keep it organized and updated
- research trends, fashion shows, competitive and aspirational markets to contribute to design the right product for the brand.
- participate in creating presentation boards
- work on illustrator sketches, cads, patterns & layouts and preparations for meeting
- bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field required. Preferred Knitwear Specialization.
- 1+ years related design experience in fully-fashioned knitwear.
- ability to create Technical Packages and possesses a strong technical knowledge of fully fashioned garments.
- ability to create full size stitch and beading layout
- thorough knowledge of yarns, gauges, trends and fit.
- strong organizational skills
- strong Adobe knowledge and Microsoft Office
- strong hand sketching ability
- understanding of kate spade brand and ability to translate it into commercial product
- ability to build positive, collaborative relationships cross functionally and within the design team
- appreciated but not required is knowledge of machine and hand knitting, crochet, beading, embroidery techniques.
Kate Spade & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Assistant Designer – Sweaters
Organization: Kate Spade & Company
Location: New York, New York