ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Laundry Sportswearviews: 0
The assistant designer will be responsible for administrating and following up with the design process for Laundry by Shelli Segal Sportswear. He/she will assist the Designer(s) with the conceptual development of product lines.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
* Administer and follow up with the product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PLM process, email correspondence, etc.
* Prepare basic flat sketch designs (both in Adobe applications and by hand).
* Responsible for creating inspiration boards and mini boards for sales tools.
* Attend fitting sessions with manager to make revisions to sketches and design packages.
* Assist with researching market trends.
* Responsible for cadding print, fabric, or embellishment ideas into styles for complete concept review.
* Develop & maintain design booklets for each season.
* Responsible for trim sourcing and development, as well as, reviewing for approval throughout the production process.
* Update and maintain PLM design related information including sketches, print placements & artwork.
* Coordinate and send New York Showroom samples.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager.
* Working knowledge of BOM’s.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
* College Degree in Fashion Design.
* One year of experience (may include summer jobs, internships, etc.).
* Advanced skills in Illustrator and Photoshop. PLM & Google applications a plus.
* Basic knowledge of product, fabric, garment construction, design and color.
* Flat & hand sketching abilities a must.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Laundry Sportswear
Organization: Perry Ellis International
Location: Commerce, California