ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Karl Lagerfeldviews: 0
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi’s, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women’s suits and women’s performance wear, as well as luggage and women’s handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking an Assistant Designer to join its Karl Lagerfeld team based in New York City!
- Excellent illustrator skills for flats and tech packs
- Day to day communication with overseas offices and internal team
- Multitasking on various seasons
- Day to day up keep of filing and organization of specs and development packages
- Developing fabric qualities for each season with overseas offices.
- Researching design concepts from magazines / vintage / and from stores
- Researching design inspiration, trends and styling details for collection development
- Staying ahead of trends
- Develop mood boards for seasonal design presentation
- Collaborate with merchandiser and production specialist to meet their needs (price points, sku counts)
- Staying on calendar by setting specific schedules of each development stage set by production.
- Creating conspicuous and detailed technical packages for all classifications.
- Conduct fitting by working with tech designer to ensure garments fit in line development process.
- Work with VP of Design to execute seasonal direction.
- Provide clear directions for graphic designer and assistant
- Create design maps / boards / cads
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design
- 0-1 year of industry experience in womenswear
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator
- Strong ability to translate ideas through sketching
- Strong understanding of specing process
- Good understanding of price points and the financial aspect of designing
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Keen eye for trend
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job title: ASSISTANT DESIGNER – Karl Lagerfeld
Organization: G-III Apparel Group, Ltd
Location: New York, New York