ASSISTANT APPAREL DESIGNER – Classicviews: 0
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone. If you are passionate about apparel design and eager for a chance to learn + cultivate a career with a robust, fast paced design team – let’s talk about jump starting your career as an Assistant Designer on our team! In this role, you will not only support one of our largest businesses, but receive true professional development + mentorship as you grow your career here at Kohl’s!
Responsible for the support of an apparel design category; creates an assortment that is relevant to brand position and target customer.
- Product Design support
- Designs, owns, builds, creates and updates tech packs, trim sheets and design packages; accurately enters information into PLM under guidance of the Designer/Sr Designer.
- Presents their designs in working sessions; collaborates cross-functional partners on product direction.
- Compiles and edits market and trend research to drive product direction; reviews with Designer/Sr Designer
- Completes pre-packages as a part of the research and development process for their area of ownership
- Opportunity to shop and purchase samples for category ownership
- Some Opportunity for Domestic Travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related field
- Strong computer skills in Adobe Illustrator or related system
- Some relevant design experience, Internship or Full Time
- Enthusiasm! Passion! Curiosity!
- Ability to partner cross functionally
- High attention to detail
- Strong sketching abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and CAD
- Elevated taste level
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
Job title: ASSISTANT APPAREL DESIGNER – Classic
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin