APPAREL DESIGNER – Gymboree Girlviews: 0
APPAREL DESIGNER – Gymboree Girl
There’s a little bit of magic in the air at Gymboree Group. We’re focusing on our future, from evolving our brands to transforming the way we work together. We may be grown-ups, but we’re all about celebrating children and the people who care for them. We love to collaborate to find new ways to make our customers smile. Have great ideas? We want to hear them. Want to try a new approach? Let’s do it. Come join the fun at our home office!
What You’ll Do
The Apparel Designer will work closely with the Design team in driving seasonal trend development, including color palette selection, concept ideas, and key silhouette direction for each delivery.
- Forecast trends in fabric, color, and silhouette for the children’s market and assist with line development from initial concept through production phases
- Be a part of a team that designs 18-24 distinctly unique product assortments per year
- Shop the market for trend information, inspiration, and ways to continue to grow the Gymboree business
- Review competition as it relates to product, quality, and aesthetic
What You’ll Bring
- BS/BA degree with 5+ year’s apparel design experience in the children’s market required
- Specialty retail experience preferred
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent cross-functional relationships are a must have
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet deadlines and work with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator and fast computer skill is required
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- The Product—so good, you’ll be using your employee discount more than you probably should
- The People—ask anyone that works here…we have incredible people on our team
- The Experience—you’ll enjoy a rewarding career at a respected global children’s brand
- The Benefits—health insurance, 401k match, and onsite wellness services for your convenience
Let’s Talk Perks!
- Generous Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contributions for individuals and families
- Flexible Spending Accounts and commuter benefits
- Paid holidays and flexible time off
- 30% off merchandise employee discount (Gymboree & Outlet, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8 & Outlet)
- Gymboree Play & Music class discounts
- Educational Assistance Development Program
- Life insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, children)
- Additional corporate discounts at participating companies
More About Us
Gymboree Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer, operating stores with high-quality clothes and accessories for children. Our family of brands includes Gymboree, Janie and Jack, and Crazy 8. Since our start in 1976, we have grown from offering mom-and-baby classes in the San Francisco Bay Area to currently operating over 900 retail stores in the United States and Canada, along with franchises around the world. We believe that respect for the customer, respect for the brand, and respect for each other are at the core of everything we do.
Gymboree Group, Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
Principals Only. EOE. No phone calls, please.
THIS JOB MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON STYLECAREERS.COM IF IT HAS BEEN POSTED FOR MORE THAN 30 DAYS
JOB TITLE: APPAREL DESIGNER
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA